[mythtv-users] Black and White recording, but only on 2 channels

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Apr 9 21:20:18 UTC 2006

On Apr 9, 2006, at 2:43 PM, Paul Fine wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 04/09/2006 04:21 PM, Paul Fine wrote:
>>
>>> I got it working.  Once I knew what to look for, a google search
>>> brought
>>> me to
>>>
>>> http://www.sencore.com/newsletter/Feb02/Understanding%
>>> 20MeasuringVideoTVRFSignalsPartII.htm
>>>
>>> I confess that I didn't read the whole document yet, but right at
>>> the
>>> top is a table of the frequencies, both HRC and ICC (IRC).
>>>
>>> I then went into the mythtvsetup Channel Editor.  I found the
>>> entry for
>>> the WCVB (channel 5) and in the second screen, changed the channel
>>> number to the frequency specified in the above document.  I did
>>> the same
>>> for the NECN entry (channel 6).
>>>

>> 0.19 provides a definition for IRC you can choose just like HRC and
>> standard...
>>
>> Mike
>>

> I could not find where to select that option.  I would have
> expected to
> see it in the same place where I could select HRC, standard, and
> broadcast.

I thought it was there someplace as well, or at least it was, but I
can't remember where.

While I can't argue with success you may find that your other
frequencies are off a but as well, just not as much and your tuner's
AFC can correct it. It would be better to have the entire channel
info correct.

As I've said in the past, IRC/HRC systems never really did produce
the great improvements in CATV systems that they were supposed to,
but they did sell a lot of expensive equipment. I guess the reduction
in radiation monitoring requirements was a plus for the system
operators though.