[mythtv-users] Building My System

Andrew Lynch lynchaj at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 20:33:40 UTC 2006

Jim,

I believe there is no "best" Linux and/or MythTV
distribution as it is highly subjective on based you,
what you are familiar with, what your preferences are,
and what hardware you are using.

I recommend that you try several MythTV distributions
and try installing MythTV from scratch to find out
what is best for *YOU*.

Personally, I like KnoppMyth but also am a big fan of
AMICUS depending on what I am planning to do with my
PVR.

So what are you planning to do with your PVR?  What is
your hardware other than the PVR-350 and the NVidia
video card (good choices BTW!)?

Andrew Lynch

PS, AMICUS is a MythTV installer on a lean Debian
especially for low resource PCs.  It comes as a script
for use on pre-installed Debian or as a self booting
CD ISO.

http://amicus.sourceforge.net