[mythtv-users] Audio problem

Chris Bamford chris at bammers.net
Sun Apr 9 19:42:23 UTC 2006

Hi MythTV Users,

I have just built a MythTV system and am looking forward to all the
benefits.
However, I have a problem which I need some guidance on (please!).  It
is to do with audio - it is not detected by mythfrontend =>
Utilities/Setup => Setup => General => Audio:  Fields "Audio output
device" and "Mixer device" are BLANK i.e. offer no suggestions.
Other points:

    * Sound works OK with Kaffeine, etc
    * MythTV gives a TV picture (but no sound)
    * I have a WinTV PVR-350 with AV Out connected to sound card input port
    * Sound card is on-board on motherboard (SiS S17012 with AD1888)
    * Sound driver = 3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA v1.0 10rc1 emulation mode)
    * Kernel = 2.6.14-kanotix-9 PREEMPT (Debian)

I have not made any other changes to MythTV setup - just the basics,
MySQL setup etc.

What should I do now?

Thanks,

- Chris