[mythtv-users] XmlTV

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 16:00:48 UTC 2006

--- Chris Hembrow <chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net>
wrote:

> After putting my original post together, I put
> together an SQL script
> which I run via a cron job after mythfilldatabase
> has finished. This
> script copies this programs from 1 channel into
> another, adding an
> hour. It references the channels from the freqid
> (which is my sky
> channel number). I've attached the script for anyone
> it might help.
> This script is run using:
> mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv -D mythconverg < plus1.sql
>
> Joe, If I'm reading this right, this is a
> post-processing operation,
> for after mythfilldatabase has occured? What sort of
> assistance would
> you be looking for? Would you just want me to test
> your code? To be
> honest, I am loathe to upgrade at the moment, as I
> have a stable
> 0.18.1 release running on 1 backend and 3 frontends.
> My wife would be
> VERY unhappy if I broke this. However, I should be
> able to set up an
> old box as a completely separate backend if
> necessary, but this will
> not be for a few weeks, due to decorating
> commitments :(
>
> Thanks
> Chris
>
> On 4/8/06, Joe Votour <joevph at yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

Chris,

What the modification to mythfilldatabase does is that
after it reads the data from the DataDirect server to
a local file, it changes the times in the SQL
statements that get put into the database.

In this case, even if I was to do the XMLTV portion of
the code, it wouldn't help you out, since you're not
modifying existing data, but you're creating new data.

Before I went for the integration with
mythfilldatabase, I was aiming to make a completely
seperate program which had all sorts of rule
processing - but, then there were all sorts of issues
with DataDirect.  It made me realize that I'd have to
copy the logic of mythfilldatabase so that I didn't
hammer the servers, and at that point, since I only
needed a specific modification made,it would be easier
to integrate it.

-- Joe