[mythtv-users] Alternative to music section of mythweb Now with playlists

John Armstrong ja at ggrove.plus.com
Sun Apr 9 11:14:49 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Armstrong" <ja at ggrove.plus.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 3:25 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Alternative to music section of mythweb

> Partly as an exercise in learning how to use php, and partly because I
> wanted an easier way to alter the ratings for music in mythmusic, I wrote
> myself a php page which others might find useful and can be downloaded
> here:
> www.ggrove.plus.com/music.php
> Just needs saving in the htdocs directory
> Features:
> Lists artists (optionally grouped by initials), giving average rating and
> number of tracks
> Lists albums by an artist (optionally showing all tracks), giving average
> rating and number of tracks
> Shows album art
> Ratings can be changed, either for an individual track or for a whole
> album
> Lists playlists and smart playlists
> Some other auto lists
> tracks can be downloaded

I've now updated so it can now handle playlists:
Create new playlists
Add tracks to existing playlists
Delete playlists
Edit playlist name
Copy playlist from host to host
Edit playlist contents - reorder or remove tracks, also auto order by
artist/year/album/track
Supports nested playlists

Also improved some of the formatting, and added an option to list tracks by
genre.
Doesn't handle blank artists or albums very well.
I might add an option to edit the genre of tracks, but other than that I
think this now does all that I want it to.

John