[mythtv-users] Problem scheduling new episodes only

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 9 06:39:12 UTC 2006

On 04/09/2006 12:55 AM, Michael Rice wrote:
>> I am now looking at my upcoming recordings screen.  At 8:00pm MythTV has
>> decided to record Stargate SG1 "The Fourth Horseman".  My intention is to
>> record only new episodes but this is not a new episode since it is repeat
>> season for this particular show.
> My problem seems to be with the mythfilldatabase process.  I am getting
> messages like this:
>
> Did not find any new program data
>
> That causes a 'failure' and mythfilldatabase exists prematurely and never
> does the part that marks the repeats.
> This is the code snippet in filldata.cpp:
>
>          query.exec("SELECT count(*) from dd_v_program;");
> 1131     if (query.isActive() && query.size() > 0)
> 1132     {
> 1133         query.next();
> 1134         if (query.value(0).toInt() < 1)
> 1135         {
> 1136             VERBOSE(VB_GENERAL, "Did not find any new program data.");
> 1137             return false;
> 1138         }
> 1139    }
>
> Returning false here ends up here:
>
> 3849         if (!fillData(sourcelist))
> 3850         {
> 3851              VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, "Failed to fetch some program
> info");
> 3852              gContext->LogEntry("mythfilldatabase", LP_WARNING,
> 3853                                 "Failed to fetch some program info",
> "");
> 3854              return FILLDB_EXIT_DB_ERROR;
> 3855         }
>
> which causes the return before the mark_repeats occurs.
>
> Anyone know why that query would fail?  I have no idea offhand but will
> continue to look into the issue.

Would be easier to say with the logs, but my guess is that you have an
invalid video source configuration...  Chris Pinkham committed a change
that causes mfdb to finish properly even when errors occur when
downloading data (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/188595#188595 ).
See, also,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/188597#188597 for a
configuration error that caused the problem.  The other poster in that
thread, henri, had a different configuration error, but I don't remember
the specifics.

If you upgrade to current SVN head, you'll get the fix.  If you're
compiling -fixes yourself, you should be able to fix it yourself by
applying the change from the commit I mentioned.  You can get the patch
at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9295?format=diff&new=9295
(although I can't say it will apply cleanly, it simply deletes one
line--3854 from the listing you gave--so it would be easy enough to
merge manually).

Chris, what do you think about applying the change to the -fixes branch?

Mike