[mythtv-users] pcHDTV card analog NTSC input

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Sun Apr 9 05:43:32 UTC 2006

Greg Stark <gsstark at MIT.EDU> writes:

> Ah, I discovered the wonders of v4lctl.
>
> The "contrast" seems to default to 127 (the very maximum) when the module is
> inserted. Setting it to 63 (supposedly the default) fixes the contrast
> problem.
>
> And setting the "volume" to the maximum 63 makes it quite reasonable.

I keep responding to myself, sorry.

But this is fascinating. The contrast setting keeps getting set back to 127
every time mythtv goes to record something. I don't know if this is mythtv's
fault or the driver's.

Oddly that's not the case for the volume. Once set it stays. So it's not a
matter of all the settings going back to some default. It seems somehow the
contrast is specifically being reset back to the maximum.

Also, is there any way to set the overscan for an input? This card is
including the first few lines where the closed captioning and stuff is and it
would be nice to have mythtv trim it off before recording.

--
greg