[mythtv-users] Can't watch live TV after FC4 update

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 00:21:27 UTC 2006

Roland Roberts wrote:

>     >> A suggestion that this is being caused by the wrong rev ivtv drivers
>     >> did not work
>     >>> Now that FC 4 has 2.6.16 though you need to run ivtv-0.6 if you aren't
>     >>> already (which would require reconfiguring your capture card so your
>     >>> tuner names will be right).
>     >> Any other ideas?
>     >> # rpm -q ivtv-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2069_FC4
>     >> ivtv-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2069_FC4-0.6.1-109.rhfc4.at
>
>     aw> Prove that the startchan has program information for that time
>     aw> (look in mythtv-setup to see where the start channel is, then
>     aw> look in the program guide).
>
>     aw> --
>     aw> Anduin Withers
>
>     aw> _______________________________________________
>     aw> mythtv-users mailing list
>     aw> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> Okay, the problem turned out to be that the input sources in mythtvsetup
> had become "disconnected."  The devices no longer listed any source as
> their input.
>
> Now, for some reason, zap2it has mangled all my listings.  When I look
> at the program guide, nearly everything is listed as "unknown"  No
> channel names appear anymore....
>
> roland

I had the same problem (as the original poster at beginning of this
thread.) What I found out was that in mythtvsetup under Capture Cards
screen my
[MPEG]:/dev/video1]
setting (which is a PVR250) was set to:
Default Input: Tuner 0

BUT, under Input Connections screen, the only input was Tuner 1:

[MPEG:/dev/video1] (Tuner 1)

There is not Tuner 0

So, I went back to Capture Cards screen and changed the Default Input to
Tuner 1
and made sure that in the Input Connections screen was set to Tuner 1
(for my PVR 250)

Live TV works now.

brad