[mythtv-users] Possible bug in key handling for some plugins (mythcontrols, mythmusic, etc)

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Sat Apr 8 20:24:59 UTC 2006

This is sort of a side-effect of toying with lirc settings that I
found this, I wanted to verify that it's a bug before reporting it
officially or anything.

Instead of directly mapping the "back/exit" key on my remote to be
escape, I mapped it to another key and used mythcontrols to globally
assign the "ESCAPE" function to be that key. It seems to work in most
menus, but it DOESN'T work to exit out of the mythcontrols plugin, the
mythmusic plugin, the import CD dialog, and I'm sure quite a few
others.

I can work around this pretty easily by hard-code defining the key on
the remote to generate an ESC, but I'm wondering if that is the
appropriate behavior for it.

 - Jeff