[mythtv-users] Troubles controlling multiple cable boxes

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 17:49:33 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've been running myth 0.18.1 and 0.19 without issue using a single PVR-150
for several months now.  Recently I purchased a PVR-500 which I installed
alongside the PVR-150.  I've successfully captured video from all three
/dev/video inputs so I know they are working properly.

The problem is that I require three seperate cable boxes, one for each
tuner.  I have them all, and I have followed the instructions from
lircsetup.com on how to set up an additional lirc instance for an
ir-blaster.

The desktop I am using has only one onboard serial port, so I bought a cheap
SIIG 550-Value PCI serial board with an additional two ports.  I've also
purchased two more ir-blasters from irblaster.info

I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to identify the additional
serial ports and get them working with lirc.  I've searched the archives
here on gossamer-threads but have not been able to find any information
pertaining to how one sets up this type of configuration - if someone could
point me in the right direction for reference or give me some guidance as to
how to accomplish this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Andrew