[mythtv-users] Absolute links in mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 8 16:39:58 UTC 2006

On 04/07/2006 07:55 PM, Ben Holt wrote:
> On 05/04/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> So, you're saying that Chris should undo all the work he's done on
>> MythWeb since 0.18 (all the work to change to the rewrite approach)
>> because you're unwilling to admit that having your proxy change a
>> request for "/whatever" (used by the internal network--mythserver) to
>> "/mythtv/whatever" (used by the external network--externalserver) is the
>> right solution?
>>
> Not at all Michael, I am saying that *I* should make the changes
> required to make it work the way I want it to since I'm the only one
> complaining about it.  All of which I'm pretty sure I said.

But you also said, "Anyway, I'll shut up and not complain until I've got
a 'fix' worth sharing,"--which seems to imply you think that your
changes may be accepted into the MythWeb SVN head.  Guess who would be
in charge of committing those changes (and, therefore, undoing the work
he's done since 0.18).

Just saying you may want to talk to Chris (xris on #mythtv-users for
real-time discussion) before spending a lot of time on your rewrite...
I'm not saying he won't accept a patch (only he could tell you that),
just that it seems unlikely to me.

Mike