[mythtv-users] fx5200 mythfrontend and LiveTV crashes!!

Rick van der Mieden mieden8 at zonnet.nl
Sat Apr 8 14:51:44 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I swapped my nvidia fx5700 for a nvidia fx5200 today. Without the fan it
is quiet, but I've a problem with the new card.

sometimes mythfrontend crashes and LiveTV gives me a black screen and
after a timeout or so it returns to the mainpage of the frontend. What I
also noticed that I've lost all my recordings, but there's a connection
to the backend available (Program Guide is working)
I installed the 7676 nvidia driver

I suspect there's something wrong with my xorg.conf, although I can't
find anything wrong in the X-log files. My backendlogfile is set on All,
but nothing can been seen there too.  Is there any way I can trigger
some more logging during trying to get the LiveTV working?

Here's my xorg.conf. Everebody uses the fx5200 so there must be
something wrong in this one or somewhere else. Hopefully someone points
me to the right direction.

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Unknown monitor"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
        Option      "dpms"
        ModeLine     "720x576" 42.6 720 760 832 944 576 577 580 602
-hsync -vsync
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "XFX"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 "
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "HWCursor" "1"
        #Option "NoLogo" "1"
        Option      "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        #Option      "DigitalVibrance" "0"
        #Option      "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
        #Option      "VideoOverlay" "on"
        Option      "TVOverScan" "0.6"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth    16
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     16
                Modes    "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

BTW. I'm using a normal TV (Philips 29PT9006) And a live in The
Netherlands so I've PAL and my PC is connected via svideo to the TV

Regards

Rick