[mythtv-users] Sound issue - Onboard card as 2nd soundcard

Yalusa Jongihlati yjongihlati at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 13:37:30 UTC 2006

I have my steup as follows:

TV Card: Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Expert
Card0: Soundblaster Live! 7.1 24-bit
Card1: Onboard Realtek ALC650 (Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-8S650GXM)
OS: SUSE 10

Both cards are seen by SUSE and both output sound. I have connected the
audio from the TV Card into the onboards CD in jack on the motherboard. So
the 2nd soundcard (the onboard) only plays audio from the TV feed. However
from the moment I start any of the TV programs (TVTime or Mythbackend) the
feed doesn't stop. Even when I exit the programs.

I have tried to mute the CD from Kmix but then I hear no sound from any of
the programs. The sound is in sync with the video when I use TVTime but is
ahead of the video in MythTV. I have tried to follow the instructions about
setting up the sound manually in the documentation but I don't know how to
point the amixer command to the second soundcard.

How do I get the sound in sync in MythTV?

Thanks
Yalusa