[mythtv-users] 0.19: unable to return to recordings menu after viewing recorded show

Russ Trotter russtrotter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 03:34:17 UTC 2006

hello, here's the problem I'm having:

1) select Media Libary->Watch Recordings
2) My usage pattern has me typically selecting the most recent recording
3) watch recording for some time
4) hit EXIT button on remote (or ESC on keyboard) at some point watching
record hoping to return to menu, but it just returns me right back to
the beginning of the same recording or in some cases, not sure why,
returns me to the start of *another* recording.
5) end result is, i'm unable to get back to the menu or any other mythtv
menu and my only recourse is to kill the mythfrontend process.
6) This problem started happening right after i upgraded to 0.19 and did
not occur in .18 or .18.1
7) At first problem didn't occur that often, but now it happens almost
every time I try to watch a prior recording.

Here's my particulars:
* 0.19 from atrpms on a FC_4 with only library/kernel updates from
"official" fedora sites (no atrpms other than what's necessary to run
the myth rpms.
* VIA EPIA M10000 Nehemiah
* Hauppage PVE 250

Steps I've taken up to now:
* Tried the mythcheck -r ... to check DB consistency.  No errors reported.
* Enabled logging from mythfrontend, but no errors reported, just what
would appear to be normal entries.

Please, if anyone has any ideas or other things to try, lemme know!
thanks,
russ