[mythtv-users] Transcode

Andrew lists at heathsworld.com
Sat Apr 8 00:39:10 UTC 2006

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
>
>>On Apr 6, 2006, at 8:58 PM, Andrew wrote:
>>

>>>I have a show set to default record, comm flag on the fly, and then
>>>transcode to low quality.  Everything runs normal
>>>right up until the transcode.  It just never gets the job done.  If
>>>I manually start the trans code through the jobs
>>>menu, it works.  What gives?  When I schedule the show I tell it to
>>>transcode the new recording and it just never
>>>finishes job.  In the backend the commflag and transcode checks are
>>>checked.
>>
>>Just a thought:
>>
>>If you are allowing two or more concurrent jobs then the commflag
>>might start and then the transcode. There might be some problem with
>>having both of these running at the same on the same file.
>>
>>I don't know for sure if this would be a problem, like I said it's
>>just a thought.
>>
>>You might try allowing only one job at a time and see if the problem
>>goes away.
>

> hmm, never thought about that ... i'm having the same issue ... shows
> that should be around 500MB are 2GB+ and i'm running out of space! :(
>
> -g-

So maybe I should not commercial flag on the fly?  Then in theory it should first run transcode, then commercial flag?
I am pretty sure there was a setting that said to comm flag after transcode if transcode was set to run.  But, if comm
flagging is done on the fly it borks it up.  Seems like there should be another flag where if no transcoding is set,
then it can comm flag on the fly.  If transcode is set, it automagically disables the comm flagging on the fly and makes
it run after transcode.  Make sense to anyone?