[mythtv-users] 'Censoring' decoding 'bad' words off of Closed Captioning

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Apr 7 23:27:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 04:22:01PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> Of course I believe it. I find the gratuitous "bad" language that
> some producers seem to think will increase ratings often detracts
> from a show.

I'm going to interject here.

It's not necessarily gratuitous.  *Real people swear*.  The earliest
example of a producer realizing this was Glen Larson, on the original
Cattlecar Overactica, when he observed that there was *no way* you were
going to have a carrier full of fighter pilots who didn't, and invented
his own, so he could get away with them on 70's network television.

And anyone who thinks that no one ever swears... well, that's a load of
felgercarb.

Cheers,
-- jra