[mythtv-users] pcHDTV card analog NTSC input

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Apr 7 19:22:59 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 13:15 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> On Apr 7, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> Not me. While I'm not using it at the moment I had one setup for NTSC
> just to try it out and it worked fine, audio was OK.
>
> As for using it at the same time as ATSC I doubt it, I've read that
> it's not possible but I've never tested it.

The ATSC and NTSC demodulator both use the same tuner, so only one
can be used at any one moment. However MythTV can be configured to
use both ATSC and NTSC on the card (but only one at a time). Just
configure the card as a DVB card, then click on "Analog Options" in
the card configuration and set up the analog side. The analog portion
of the card will show up as an extra input on the DVB card.

-- Daniel