[mythtv-users] MSI K8NGM2-FID Integrated Motherboard for Mythtv?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:39:23 UTC 2006

On 4/7/06, David Krainess <davidkrainess at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I will assume that eventually Myth will be able to use
> a newer driver from NVidia and not be limited to 7676
> or before.  I guess my feeling was, that if the
> onboard TV out video works in Myth and you can route
> the ribbon out of the box so that a slot is not
> consumed, you only need a single slot for a frame
> grabber.  Needing only one slot opens the door wide
> open for case options and flexibility.

It's not Myth that has the problems, its the drivers... But I don't
think it makes much of a difference for SDTV output, especially since
the slowest cpu can put on this board is fast enough to do SDTV
smoothly with no need for XvMC.

and I just noticed Silverstone Tek has released a new case, LC20M,
might be time to build that second frontend....

--
Steve