[mythtv-users] Odds of Linux CableCARD support?

Warren warren-lists at icruise.com
Fri Apr 7 13:28:20 UTC 2006

Let me warn everyone here.

I have had significant dealings with VWB Inc.  I have some of their
hardware.  I would warn you to keep far away from this company.

Having worked with their motherboards extensively, I can tell you that I
would be very surprised to see it being a stable solution.  I would also
wait to see one of them actually running with cablecard, not just listen
to a press release.  Speaking of the press release, the quote is "and
includes bidirectional support for the CableCard".  It does not say that
they have gotten certification for it.  It could very well just mean
that they have a smartcard reader on the motherboard.

I say again - keep away from this company!