[mythtv-users] Anyone using an xUbuntu FE on their Xbox?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 11:29:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I already have a Xebian 1.1 FE on my Xbox, however, since I purchased
another Xbox this week to create a second FE, I have been looking at
what other distro's are available.

I am keen to find out whether anyone has had success with xUbuntu.  I
am worried about not going with Xebian as I particularly like a couple
of the quirks that it provides, such as changing the colour of the
power indicator on the Xbox based on recordings etc.

I have to admit, Xebian has been rock-solid, it is just a bit 'ugly'
during boot up and shutdown, where as I like the boot screen Ubuntu
breezy (which current xUbuntu is based off) provides.

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/XUbuntu
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers,