[mythtv-users] AGP card recommendation to push hi-def

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Fri Apr 7 04:15:37 UTC 2006

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2006, at 8:51 PM, Allan Wilson wrote:
>
>> I am looking for the best AGP video card that has passive cooling
>> that will do Hi-Def. Will the passive cards be enough to show
>> movies w/o loosing to many frames. Thanks for the input.
>>

> I'm not sure if any of the 5xxx nVidia cards have passive cooling
> (none of mine do), but the 6200 should do a nice job and does.
>
> Cheap too, I've seen them for less than $50US.

if you get one that doesn't do passive cooling, you can always check out
zalman coolers ... even if they don't have a passive cooler for a
particular card you get, their active cooling solutions are almost as
good as silent (i'm running the zalman cooler on a nVidia GeForce 6600GT
AGP card ... yes, it's not technically supported, but the cooler DOES
work on the AGP version of the card)

-g-