[mythtv-users] TapeWorm Beta 4 - new features, and now, fewer bugs!

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Apr 7 02:59:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:42:24PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:40:52PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > He wasn't.  He made a one-time announcement of a program which works
> > with your software to provide a function which your software does not,
>
> Hmm, "Introducing" + "Beta 2" + "Beta 3" + "Beta 4" == one-time.
> Dang, I still don't get this new math!

Well, that was polite.

Beta 4 was the first posting I've seen.  Since Isaac ripped my face off
last month over the wiki, I haven't been bothering to follow the list
too tightly.  Clearly, the problem was slightly larger than I thought
it was.

> > announcing it in arguably the only forum where it *is* pertinent.
>
> The first announcment, possibly, maybe even probably.  Since it's
> closed-source, donation-required, the rest should probably be taken
> elsewhere if that's what Isaac wants.  FWIW, I agree with Isaac.

I don't even necessarily disagree with him.  But if that was the first
time he'd seen fit to reply, his tone was, IMO, uncalled for.

Cheers,
-- jra