[mythtv-users] Not Working: ATI Remote Wonder II and Lirc

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:16:49 UTC 2006

On 4/6/06, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com> wrote:

> The RF link on the ATI RW remote seems to be working.  However, I do not
> get any movement from the mythfrontend screen.  Where can I look next to
> find out what is broken?

Hey!  That's some progress at least.  Glad that you can show that the RF
signals are getting through.

Next place to look is in the file, /etc/lircd.conf.  If you don't have that
file, then that is a problem.  If you do have the file, then it should
correspond with file,

  /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc

All of this is documented in the MythTV documents, and in the mythtv-users
mailing list archives.  Rather than try to re-hash it all here, I suggest
that you look around in the archives.  This particular stumbling block to
getting the ATI Remote Wonder (II) to work has been solved more than a few
times before.

One other place that has helpful information is the lirc documents.  Since I
don't know what method(s) you used to install your software (RPMs or
Source), I can't point you directly to them.  But they should be installed
somewhere on your system.

--
MM