[mythtv-users] Building another system, hardware questions

Wander Winkelhorst w.winkelhorst at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:56:25 UTC 2006

On 4/6/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/6/06, Wander Winkelhorst <w.winkelhorst at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Indeed, and he was very helpful in getting the whole thing sorted.
> > >
> > > Chad
> >
> > Somewhat OT:
> > Did you get MPlayer or Xine to work with XvMC? If so, how?
> >
> > I'm stuck with those, MPlayer says:
> > MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
> >
> > and xine says:
> > This is VeXP (VIA Enhanced XINE Player X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.3.
> > (c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
> > Segmentation fault
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated
> >
> > Regards,
> > Wander
>
> I haven't even tried.  Once I got Myth working with XvMC, I stopped
> using mplayer or xine to see what CPU output was.  I'll give it a go
> and see what I come up with.
>
> Chad

Thanks for looking, but I allready managed to get it going. The trick
is actually very simple:
Use xine instead of MPlayer

xine has XvMC for Openchrome build in, there is no need to go hunting
for obscure patches like I had to do for MPlayer. From what I read at
the MPlayer developer lists is that the patches got denied because of
indenting issues.

MPlayer does seem to be about three times as fast at playing mpeg4 though