[mythtv-users] TapeWorm Beta 4 - new features, and now, fewer bugs!

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Apr 6 17:08:40 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 April 2006 12:12, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Jeff Simpson wrote:
> >> 2) I would personally not use something like that that required payment
> >> - since that would be really nasty to the people that have put in so
> >>   much more work already.
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> But, all the GPL stuff not withstanding, he is asking for a donation to
> a charity. I personally don't find anything wrong with that, and people
> have repeatedly asked how to contribute to the MythTV project monetarily
> with no real concrete answer (that I've seen anyway). Are you people
> that opposed to charitable donations?

I'm opposed to someone using my mailing list for user support for a non-free
application, and essentially using this list as free advertising for that
application.  I regularly remove people from the list that post 'for sale'
ads - I don't see this as being much, if any, different from that.

The GPL stuff someone brought up is completely absurd, though.

Isaac