[mythtv-users] Where are recordings listed in database as transcoded ?

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Thu Apr 6 16:21:36 UTC 2006

Quoting Barry Jett <bjett80 at gmail.com>:

> On 4/6/06, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:41:41AM -0500, Barry Jett wrote:
>> > One of my user jobs is a transcode to a format I watch on my Palm
>> > TX.
>> >
>> > I would like to pull off a list of which recordings have been
>> > transcoded (or not transcoded) from the database as part of the user
>> > job.
>> >
>> > I thought the data entry "transcoder" under table "recorded" might
>> > be it, but on my .18 system even the transcoded shows have a 0
>> > value.
>>
>> That column describes what should happen with mythtranscode if you hit
>> "Transcode" for this recording; it does not describe whether or not
>> mythtranscode has actually run, or anything to do with user jobs.
>>
>> > Could someone tell me if/where the "a recording has been transcoded"
>> > flag might exist ?
>>
>> I can't answer this.
>>
>> --Rob
>>

> Thanks for the info Rob.
>
> It may very well be there is no "transcoded" flag at all....I was thinking
> one of those icons on Watch Recordings was a "transcoded" icon  that got
> it's status from the database, but I believe I am mistaken about that.
>
> Looks like I'll have to use something like mplayer  -identify  to check the
> files.
>
> BJ

In SVN there is a new column called 'transcoded' in the recorded table
which denotes if a recording has been transcoded or not.  Its values
are 0 (not transcoded), 1 (transcoded), or 2 (transcoding in
progress).  I believe this change was introduced in DB schema 1126 (or
sometime around then).

   - Derek