[mythtv-users] Where are recordings listed in database as transcoded ?

Barry Jett bjett80 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 15:47:38 UTC 2006

On 4/6/06, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:41:41AM -0500, Barry Jett wrote:
> > One of my user jobs is a transcode to a format I watch on my Palm
> > TX.
> >
> > I would like to pull off a list of which recordings have been
> > transcoded (or not transcoded) from the database as part of the user
> > job.
> >
> > I thought the data entry "transcoder" under table "recorded" might
> > be it, but on my .18 system even the transcoded shows have a 0
> > value.
>
> That column describes what should happen with mythtranscode if you hit
> "Transcode" for this recording; it does not describe whether or not
> mythtranscode has actually run, or anything to do with user jobs.
>
> > Could someone tell me if/where the "a recording has been transcoded"
> > flag might exist ?
>
> I can't answer this.
>
> --Rob

Thanks for the info Rob.

It may very well be there is no "transcoded" flag at all....I was thinking
one of those icons on Watch Recordings was a "transcoded" icon  that got
it's status from the database, but I believe I am mistaken about that.

Looks like I'll have to use something like mplayer  -identify  to check the
files.

BJ