[mythtv-users] Not Working: ATI Remote Wonder II and Lirc

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 15:21:48 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com> wrote:

> I am at a loss.  The only issue I can see is when I press buttons on
> the remote, the light on the ATI USB dongle does not blink.  It stays
> continually lit.
>
> I have read the wiki at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_Remote_Wonder_II and have
> set everything up the way they have stated.
>
> When I run irw it just sits there, does not return any status, and
> does not return to a new prompt.  I get nothing, even when I push
> buttons on the remote control unit.
>
> Everything seems to be in place.  Here is a listing off of dmesg.
>
> # dmesg | grep lirc
> lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
> lirc_atiusb: USB remote driver for LIRC v0.5
> lirc_atiusb: Paul Miller <pmiller9 at users.sourceforge.net>
> lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
> lirc_atiusb[2]: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Receiver on usb1:2
> usbcore: registered new driver lirc_atiusb
>
> The daemon is running...
>
> # /etc/rc.d/init.d/lircd status
> lircd (pid 4269) is running...
>
> /etc/lircd.conf was copied off of the wiki
>
> ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc was also copied off of the wiki
>
> # modprobe lirc_atiusb
> #
> Comes right back with no status
>
> # rpm -q lirc
> lirc-0.8.1-cvs20060325_57.rhfc4.at
>
> # rpm -q lirc-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2069_FC4
> lirc-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2069_FC4-0.8.1-cvs20060325_57.rhfc4.at
>
> # ls -l /dev/ | grep lirc
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root        5 Apr  5 02:49 lirc -> lirc0
> crw-rw-rw-  1 root   root  61,   0 Apr  5 02:49 lirc0
> srw-rw-rw-  1 root   root        0 Apr  5 12:38 lircd
>
> # uname -r
> 2.6.16-1.2069_FC4
>
> Any ideas?

You might try adding the following line to the file, /etc/modprobe.conf,
(or equivalent file if you are not using Fedora Core):

options lirc_atiusb debug=1

Then, you can watch the file, /var/log/messages, to see if button presses
on the ATI Remote Wonder II result in any messages added to the log file.

Small disclaimer:  I use the ATI Remote Wonder (not the "II" version).

For more information you can search the archive at

  www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users

for the string, "HOWTO multiple" for more
information on setting up the ATI Remote Wonder.

--
MM