[mythtv-users] Aspect ratio wrong

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 6 03:20:09 UTC 2006

On 04/05/2006 11:09 PM, Greg Stark wrote:

>"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:
>
>>What do you get from:
>>
>>xdpyinfo | grep -B 3 'dots per inch'
>>

>Hm, the 3520x1200 is actually a MergedFB framebuffer with pseudo-xinerama.

Oops.  Just posted and I had guessed TwinView.  Guess I should have kept
it more generic.

>don't know how to query the xinerama info to compare but it appears Mythtv is
>getting the wrong dimensions below (1920x1200 is the other monitor, not the
>one it's on). So that's already an error.

There was a discussion on the archives (involving Daniel (DTK)) about
this issue.  I don't remember the resolution (or if they even came to
one), but I think they were talking about a way to specify which monitor
in a Xinerama/TwinView to use for getting screen dimensions.

>In addition I'm not sure where the 407mm x 305mm figures are coming from.

3520*0.254 = 894 (that's what your post showed, not 407)
1200*0.254 = 305

You've specified a DisplaySize according to Myth's
how-to-get-100dpi-for-good-themes-rules (which is probably not
appropriate anywhere except a dedicated myth frontend).

> The
>actual figures for my monitors according to the X log are:
>
>(II) RADEON(0): clock: 154.0 MHz   Image Size:  519 x 324 mm
>(II) RADEON(0): clock: 157.5 MHz   Image Size:  388 x 291 mm
>
>And 407x305 doesn't match either of them.
>
>Is there some command-line tool to query xinerama info to see what information
>mythtv is getting from X?

?  Search the archives for the discussion I mentioned above.  Try
xinerama, twinview, aspect ratio, etc.

Mike