[mythtv-users] TapeWorm Beta 4 - new features, and now, fewer bugs!

David Woods david at spurgeonwoods.com
Thu Apr 6 03:03:29 UTC 2006

TapeWorm 1.0 Beta 4, a parasitic MythTV front end for Windows, is now
available.  Thanks to all who have made suggestions or pointed out bugs, and
special thanks to those who have contributed to Capital Candlelighters, a
charity that helps children with cancer and their families, because of this
program.

Changes from Beta 3:

The bug that prevented the Configuration Screen from being displayed should
be fixed.

am and pm indicators in the Time field are now correct.

Channel number and call sign are now drawn from the channel table.  Correct
channel information is displayed, even on multi-tuner systems.

The Program Description box no longer scrolls to the bottom for long
descriptions.

I've added a configuration option that allows you to include programs from
the LiveTV group in the Program listing.

Still not changed:

The VideoLAN Client is still incompatible with TapeWorm.  I'm still not sure
why.

*.nuv video won't play over a slow network.  (I can't fix this.)

TapeWorm requires MythTV 0.19.  Apparently MythTV 0.18 had a different table
structure for the "recorded" table.

The new version is available at http://david.spurgeonwoods.com/tapeworm.

Enjoy.  I look forward to your feedback.

David