[mythtv-users] Hot Key to Program Guide

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 01:54:40 UTC 2006

On 06/04/06, Marco Nelissen <marcone at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >The key bindings editor states that 'S' displays the Guide in the
> >context of TV Playback, so I opted for an unsed key that works from
> >anywhere.
>
> Apparently in 0.20, F2 is no longer going to be an unused key.
> (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.20)
> To avoid cases like that, I was trying to use more obscure keybindings
> to customize mythtv (like ctrl-shift-L), only to run into a bug in myth
> that prevents such key-combos from being used for jumppoints...

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the heads-up - 0.20 will probably be my next upgrade from
0.18 (I seem stick to even numbers) for the DVB radio and subtitles
support and the lossless MPEG2 transcoding from 0.19. I know there are
proposed changes to the way remotes interface with MythTV (direct
input instead of using LIRC I think) so maybe we'll be able to assign
a button directly to an action, missing out the intermediate step of
assigning the button to a key.

Cheers,
Nick