[mythtv-users] Problem with lirc

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Apr 5 23:41:34 UTC 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 5:35 PM, James Oltman wrote:

> Nice to see a vi user :-)
>
> if vi can't write the file it is usually a permissions problem, check
> out the permissions of the directory you want to write in vs. the
> user you are running vi as.
>
> I am running vi as my mythtv user.  I am editing the file in mythtv
> users' directory:
>
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv

Doesn't mean the permissions can't be wrong. If the /home/
mythtv/.mythtv directory was created by root you would have that
problem.

> So I am crazy confused.  Any help would be appreciated.  Anything
> about why xine doesn't get the remote codes?

Sure, it's the /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc file that directs the
button pushes to xine, look at the file and you'll see some going to
myth and some to xine, so if you don't have the file xine won't see
the commands.