[mythtv-users] Cheap hardware on ebay

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Apr 5 22:46:55 UTC 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Robert Johnston wrote:

> On 4/5/06, Michael Fox <fox.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 05 Apr 2006 17:56:04 -0400, Greg Stark <gsstark at mit.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone know if these things are any good?
>>> They're < $40USD including shipping.
>>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5168870055
>>
>> Didn't take much notice, but they might be analog only... guess some
>> research/reading would indicate this further.
>
> From the Connection diagram, it says it's a BT878 card, making it
> analog only, and with no hardware encoding (Hence why it only says
> MPEG1 - Encoded in software).
>
> My advice would be to avoid.

But it *says* it will work with a133Mhz. CPU :-)))

Actually if you understand exactly what you are getting, and that is
what you want, it is a good price. I'd like to know what store is
selling them for $119 though, and if the seller is going to lie on
that I wouldn't trust anything else he/she says.

Latest price on a full-retail PVR-150 is $59US at Circuit City (After
Rebate).