[mythtv-users] Alway's recording Live TV

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:01:58 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, Michael Luich <ravenhair at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/5/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/5/06, Michael Luich <ravenhair at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Ok so my mythbox (rpm 0.19) is alway's recording and saving whatever i
> > > watch on live tv. This is filling my hd and I keep having to delete
> > > them all by hand.
> > >
> > > Why???
> > >
> > > and how do i stop it?
> > >
> > > Mike Luich
> >
> > because that is how livetv works now.
> >
> > you don't. theres no need, they will be removed as the Myth's
> > parameters determine it is relavent to do so.
> >
> > --
> > Steve
>
> Ok well that answers the question...
>
> now to figure out how to get them removed more often.,

set autoexpire to 1. If your recordings drive runs double duty with
other things and you wish to keep a specific amount of free space at
all times there is an option for that too (I forget what its called
right now). This will automatically set LiveTV recordings to expire
after 1 day (add them to the expire queue) and will start removing
shows in order on the expire queue when your X amount of space is
reached on the drive.

--
Steve