[mythtv-users] Any comments about stability of MythTV for mission critical application

Aaron P. Uhrig apu at askushow.com
Wed Apr 5 20:23:40 UTC 2006

I’m new to Linux, but did manage to configure a working MythTV (Myth 0.19 w/
Fedora Core 4) box using the guide at HYPERLINK
"http://www.wilsonet.com/"www.wilsonet.com. My interest was sparked while
researching a computer based digital recording solution for a computer
customer of mine. He has a media archive business and records the local news
morning, noon and night. He is currently using DVD recorders, but would like
to do storage and editing on his computer. For testing purposes, I have
setup a MythTV backend and networked it into my home network. I can open the
video storage directory on the MythTV box from my windows XP computer and
copy, play and edit the videos. Would like to build a machine with three (3)
tuner cards. Is MythTV stable enough to use for an application that must
work every day?

Thanks

Aaron P. Uhrig

AskUs Computer Services