[mythtv-users] 16:9 PAL widescreen xorg.conf on Via SP1300

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 19:48:47 UTC 2006

On 04/04/06, Stephen Rowles <stephen at rowles.org.uk> wrote:
> I've been playing with Fedora Core 5 on my new via sp1300. Which appears
> to have all the appropriate XOrg drivers built in out of the box!
> (Although I've not actually got hardware accelerated playback working
> yet... any pointers anyone?)
>
> Attached is the xorg.conf file that I use to get a full screen output
> under X in the hope that someone might find it helpful :)

>   ModelName    "TV-PAL"
>   HorizSync    24.0 - 80.0
>   VertRefresh  50.0 - 75.0

If using a PAL TV, you may want to limit vertical refresh to 50Hz or
50-60Hz if using NTSC compatible display. I'm not sure what would
happen it you fed 75Hz signal to a TV that wasn't capable of
recognising it was out of range.

> Section "Screen"
>     Modes    "720x576Over"
> EndSection

As the only uncommented mode, is this mode defined somewhere else? I
can't see it anywhere in the file. What modeline does the xorg.0.log
file state is being used?

Nick