[mythtv-users] backend takes 100% CPU recording DVB-T

Chris Hubball chris at hubball.org
Wed Apr 5 16:40:11 UTC 2006

>> If 0.18 works, does anyone know if you can run the 0.18 backend with
>> the
>> 0.19 frontend?
>
> No I tried that...
>
> So is it the packages or is everyone else running something a lot faster
> than a XP 1800?

I'm running a VIA 1.2Ghz.

> The other thing I noticed is BBC channels seemed to be a heavier load,
> possibly due to the higher bit rate.

Probably, but if it's running correctly it only pushes it from 5 to 10%
and so there's still plenty idle for other things.

As this issue seems quite common, I've raised it on the mythtv-dev list
to see if anyone has any ideas?

Have you tried building the backend package on debian?  I was thinking
that perhaps there are some DVB-T build options we could try messing
with.

Chris.