[mythtv-users] It's not the TiVo that she loved...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 15:59:19 UTC 2006

> On Apr 5, 2006, at 9:44 AM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> > My wife has dealt with my MythTV tinkering for about 8 months.  she
> > has
> > sat in bed with the RF keyboard to watch TV, and steadily reminded me
> > that "The TiVo wasn't that bad."  She kept saying the shes misses the
> > TiVo, so I gave up on trying to install the free Dell USB remote
> > that I
> > stumbled upon, and ordered an ir receiver from http://irblaster.info
> > last night I got it installed and setup the TiVo remote to control
> > MythTV.
> >
> > Turns out that all she missed was the remote.
> >
> > It is a pretty good remote.  Nice shape and balance.  Decent
> > simplicity,
> > yet enough buttons to do everything.
> >

> I always liked the TiVi "dogbone" shape.
>
> Does your wife miss the $12.95/month bill ??

not as much as the $2000 spent on Myth... (well, whatever amount...
lump some payments always seem like more than monthly ones).

I enjoyed the TiVo sounds, well, no I didn't, but my friends and I all
emulate the fast forward noise whenever we watch TV and the remote
handler isn't skipping through commercials....

--
Steve