[mythtv-users] Wiped FE for FC4 install

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 14:53:52 UTC 2006

Well, I made a mistake last night when I wiped my FE and tried to install
FC4 on it.  I got it upgraded (per Jarod's guide) and when I went to install
the nvidia kmdl for 7676 I got an error saying it wasn't available.  After
some searching around on the ATrpms list, I found out that 7676 isn't
working on 2.6.16 (my kernel).  BUMMER!  So I installed 8178.  Does this
mean that HW MPEG decoding no longer works?  I was gonna hook this FE up to
a 17" LCD projector at 1280x720p.  But, now I am at the ALSA stage.  I can't
install the ALSA kmdl.  I get an error saying that there is no argument
match for my kernel.  What do I do from here?  I would REALLY like this
working by tonight.  Also, I upgraded my BE to Myth .19.  Now MythWeb isn't
working.  I am such a linux noob, that I have no idea how to proceed from
here.  I have read the wiki about changing .htaccess but i am not sure about
the mod_env variables.  I have also read that there is an
httpd.confsomewhere I need to adjust.  Is this just for Gentoo or does
this apply to
my distro (FC4) as well?  SOOOO CONFUSED.  Thanks!

Jim