[mythtv-users] [SPAM] - Re: TwinHan IR remote and receiver problem - Email found in subject

James Neave JNeave at spursolutions.com
Wed Apr 5 11:55:38 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I believe you are correct, LIRC is not needed for such a setup, myth
> (and Linux in general) just treats the device as a keyboard.

OK, so how to I get this to work?

Can I change the keyboard mappings in mythtv?

Or can I remap the codes from /dev/input/event1 to the default mythtv
keys (much preferable), which means I can disable the nasty thing that
happens when you press Power (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F6 gets sent ><)

On another note:

Although you say lirc is not needed, I do have lirc up and running (to
the point that irw responds correctly)

Isn't it better to have lirc working and ignore the keyboard presses
from the remote? I thought the big advantage of lirc over keyboard
emulation is that it presses the right keys in every application
according to remote presses (mythtv, xine, etc)

Regards,

Jim.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses that could damage your own computer systems.  Whilst The Spur Group of Companies has taken every precaution to minimise the risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage that you sustain as a result of software viruses.