[mythtv-users] lirc not working

Josh Sharpe josh.m.sharpe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 03:39:20 UTC 2006

I'm at my wits end here figuring this out.  LIRC refuses to work inside
mythfrontend.  Right now irw works, so i'm rulling out the possibility that
this is a lirc issue.  irexec + ~/.lircrc works too (I use that to start
mfe)  However, once inside mfe I get no remote activity at all.  Here is my
~/.mythtv/lircrc file, it's short now because i'm troubleshooting it:

#left
begin
prog = mythtv
button = left
config = Left
end

#Down
begin
prog = mythtv
button = down
config = Down
end

#Up
begin
prog = mythtv
button = up
config = Up
end

#Right
begin
prog = mythtv
button = right
config = Right
end

Yes, the button values match what is in /etc/lircd.conf -- and they match
irw output.
I compiled mythtv myself and yes mythfrontend --version says 'using lirc.'
mythtv - 0.19
lircd - 0.8.0
ubuntu 5.10

Thanx!