[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase runs twice

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 02:50:09 UTC 2006

My backend runs MFD twice every day: Once at 6:01am, and once at the
time requested by Zap2it.  This box has gone through a couple of
MythTV upgrades, and in .18, at least, I was using a cron job to fetch
listings (at 6am-ish).

Upon updating to .19, I enabled the 'Honor requested update time'
option via my frontend, and removed the cron job that I used with .18.
 Since then, I've been getting messages in my log that show it runs at
the requested time. but it also runs at 6am.

I've used `crontab -e` to be sure that all user crontabs are clear
(and checked /etc for cronfiles), ran the frontend software on my
backend and made sure the 'Honor' flag was toggled on, and I've
checked my settings table in mythconverg and can't find anything
conspicuous.

But, I'm still left with dual updates every day.  Could there be any
leftovers (from .16-.18) in mythconverg that may be causing this?  Any
other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Phill W.