[mythtv-users] Recordings player

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 4 23:32:27 UTC 2006

On 04/04/2006 04:17 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

>On 4/4/06, Stuart Fox <stuart at dontuse.ms> wrote:
>

>>Is there any way to change the default recorded programs player?
>>I'd like to switch it to vlc if possible, I use that as my default video
>>player.
>>
>>Not sure if its possible with the new livetv changes in 0.19.
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Stuart
>>
>>--
>>The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
>>capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
>>labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
>>

>heed the signature...
>

>sure, install mythvideo, link it to your recordings folder and tell
>mythvideo to use VLC.

I think he was talking about "recordings"--not "videos."  MythVideo
plays "videos" (generally things that Myth didn't record) using any
media player you want.  MythTV plays "recordings" (generally things that
Myth did record) using the "Internal" player (which, BTW, can be
specified as the player for MythVideo), which is code in MythTV that
plays videos.  MythTV does /not/ use an external player for playing
recordings.

Mike