[mythtv-users] Myth TV media extenders?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Apr 4 20:57:13 UTC 2006

James C. Dastrup wrote:

>>> Cons I've seen so far:
>>> 1.) Sold out?
>>>
>> I saw them at Fry's last time I was visitin my parents in SoCal...
>>

>>> 2.) Bad remote
>>>
>> is it the remote or the IR receiver inside the Roku?...
>>

> I programmed two other remotes (harmony, sony) to work with the ROKU
> with the same results - it works, just not as responsive as it should be.
> I think it's the IR receiver inside the ROKU. I also have the first version
> of the HD-1000, maybe the newer revisions have a better IR receiver.

Is there any way to add 802.11g support to a roku? Last time I tried I
couldn't stream SDTV over
802.11b. I had to use mythstreamtv for that. I don't think HD can go
over 802.11g, but at
least SD would.

I've got a TV upstairs that I'd like to Mythify, but it's an apartment
and I'll probably be moving in
a few months so I don't want to break out the ethernet cable wiring
tools. The roku sounds great
if I could find an inexpensive way to network it.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net