[mythtv-users] Random freeze

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Apr 4 20:26:43 UTC 2006

Stefan Haflidason wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set up a MythTV box for my brother just over a week ago. He lives
> some distance away, and the only way I can get access to the machine
> is via SSH for the next couple of months.
>
> Everything is working fine, except it appears that either the entire
> system is freezing, or mythfrontend or lircd is freezing as he is
> reporting that after about three days the frontend is unresponsive
> (using a PVR 350 + remote).

My bet is on that PVR 350. They're extremely picky about their
motherboards and PCI slots.
Try a different PCI slot. If you exhaust every PCI slot on the board,
try a different board.

I have an AOpen mobo that can only take the 350 in one of the three
available slots without
locking up. I also have an intel mobo that can't take it at all. Good luck!

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net