[mythtv-users] Random freeze

Stefan Haflidason styrmis at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 4 20:10:27 UTC 2006

Hi,

I set up a MythTV box for my brother just over a week ago. He lives some
distance away, and the only way I can get access to the machine is via SSH
for the next couple of months.

Everything is working fine, except it appears that either the entire system
is freezing, or mythfrontend or lircd is freezing as he is reporting that
after about three days the frontend is unresponsive (using a PVR 350 +
remote).

The system is running MythTV 0.19 on Gentoo.

Is anyone else having random freezes like that with 0.19? Also does anyone
have any tips for how I might monitor the system via SSH alone? (no X11
forwarding set up).

I would suggest that he plug up a keyboard to eliminate the remote as the
problem but unfortunately there isn't one spare. Any insight would be
greatly appreciated.