[mythtv-users] Anyone using a GeForce 6600GT wand DVI->HDMI?

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Tue Apr 4 19:41:28 UTC 2006

I have finished my basic Myth box, and have the Nvidia based kernel driver
displaying 720p out of my DVI to my Sony Wega Grand's HDMI port. Aside
from a bit of overscan in all directions it looks great!

So I was trying to do some performance tweaking and hoped someone else has
had some experience they can share?

1. My TV accepts 1080i, but search as i might, I can't fine the modeline
or settings in Xorg that will produce it on my DVI out. My card says it
will do it, and other report doing it with Win XP, I'd like to find out
how I can for Myth.

2. When I play live TV or DVD on the DVI out, it's jerky. I show direct
rendering as ON in glxinfo. I have read posts that the ivtv driver can use
xvmc to improve this, but when I attempt to enable it, I get errors saying
that Xvideo extensions are not enabled for this display :0.1 (when mplayer
launches with xvmc arguments)

I have not been able to figure out in I am missing something in my
xorg.conf of not. Nvidia's support forum doen't seem to have much on this
either. Now I have a Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz running in Hyper Threading ( seen
as 2 CPU's) and I am assuming that means that it's just not fast enough to
compensate for a good hardware decoder?

Nick

--
Nick Ellson