[mythtv-users] Lost channel icons and names...

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Tue Apr 4 18:37:37 UTC 2006

>>>>> "mtb" == Michael T Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:

    mtb> On 04/02/2006 05:31 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
    >> For some reason, it would not actually *update* the icon column in the
    >> channel table.  I took the somewhat extreme approach of deleting the
    >> contents of the table then running mythfilldatabase and it pulled in the
    >> channel info and icons from my lineup.

    mtb> mythfilldatabase will only update the icon if its value is
    mtb> 'none' or ''.  This is by design to allow you to store your
    mtb> icons where you want--I don't want mine in ~/.mythtv/channels.

That's perfectly reasonable, but mine *were* all 'none'.  I looked.  I
wasn't quite sure if that was literal or if it was msql-speak for a null
value.

    mtb> You could also have done:

    mtb> UPDATE channel SET icon = '';

    mtb> and then ran the commands to import your icons.

Maybe I'll try that for kicks-and-grins, but it didn't do anything with
'none'.

It did work just fine with I ran the regular mythfilldatabase job with
an empty channel and program table.

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD