[mythtv-users] I've finished my serial port IR receiver!

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 17:16:45 UTC 2006

> On Apr 4, 2006, at 10:51 AM, Scott Alfter wrote:
> > Brian Wood wrote:

> >> An old boss of mine at WWOR *insisted* that we use only black ties,
> >> because they held up better under UV. Of what possible consequence
> >> that might be in an inside room with no windows I never did figure
> >> out.
> >
> > Fluorescent lighting spits out UV.  Whether it produces enough to
> > cause white
> > zipties to degrade significantly more rapidly than black is up for
> > debate, but
> > your boss might not have been completely out in left field.
> >

> Oh yes he was, these ties were all in closed rack cabinets. He also
> paid a lot of $$$ to have nice Budd blue rack panels ("BY" series) re-
> painted in puke brown.
>
> He was a nut case, but your point is valid.

they do make specific ties with better UV protection, but they come in
many different colors and clear, wether one color is better than
others, I don't think the ink in plastic makes a significant
difference in UV protection, I'm not a chemical engineer, but I just
don't see that happening.

--
Steve