[mythtv-users] living room myth pvr

Lawrwence mail.list.lawrence at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:23:41 UTC 2006

On 4/3/06, Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> wrote:

> On Monday 03 April 2006 15:57, Brian Wood wrote:
> > PVR-250s are getting hard to find. The one advantage they have right
> > now over the 150 is that the CC works, but I am sure that CC support
> > for the 150 will be happening soon.
>
> Actually, there's been a patch posted to the ivtv-dev list that adds
> support
> for CC to the pvr-150/500.  Works well enough on my 500, at least.  I
> don't
> think it's been applied to the driver yet, but should be soonish.

Cool!  I'll have to look for that soon.  With two young children in the
house I sometimes watch shows at low volume and appreciate CC when
available.  Also helps when watching a show with heavy accents.  For
example, my wife needed it when I first got her hooked on MI-5 / Spooks
until she started picking up on the accents.